GENESIS DETOX OF BROOKLYN, LLC
Medically Supervised Inpatient Withdrawal Stabilization Services
CLINICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSTION TITLE: Clinician
INCUMBENT: CASAC-T, CASAC, MSW, LMSW, LCSW, LCSW, MHC, LMHC
DIRECT SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Clinical Director/Program Director
Adhere to the regulatory (817.6) operation standards of a Medically Supervised Inpatient Withdrawal and Stabilization Service both at the state and federal levels. Assist with the maintenance of policies and procedures that will be utilized in the implementation of all regulatory standards. Assist with ensuring that standard of patient care is maintained; these standards are based in "best practice approaches". Adhere to standards of organizational values, vision, mission, and service to the recovery community. All core duties and responsibilities are subject to periodic revision.
CORE DUTIES & RESPSPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and manage clinical needs of assigned caseload ensuring accurate, complete, and timely documentation of all interventions/services.
- Conduct and document individual counseling sessions, as required by 816.7 regulations.
- Conduct and document group counseling sessions (as assigned)
- Perform various assessments (including, but not limited to Managed Care Assessments, Trauma Assessment, and Intake Assessment as needed
- Maintain patient confidentiality as required by all applicable statutes (42 CFR part 2, HIPAA)
- Complete all consents as required (aftercare, medical, post-treatment)
- Complete Emergency Consent and if appropriate consents for family/concerned individuals. Communicate treatment progress and engage if need be to avoid early termination of treatment episode
- Complete consent and Communicate with referral sources
- Work in coordination with DC Planner (and independently in absence of DC planner), completing discharge documentation as required
- Assist with discharge utilization reviews based on established clinical and administrative protocols
- Ensure that daily treatment schedules are followed (groups, individual sessions), and provide coverage where necessary
- Assist with the assessment and intake process as required
- Complete Incident Reports as necessary
- Remain current with, and utilize evidence-based treatment approaches (e.g., MET, CBT, MAT-SAMHSA group curriculum. Conduct, and demonstrate competence in group, psychoeducation, and individual sessions
- Maintain proper certifications, and attend all necessary trainings in order to remain current in clinical approaches.
- Manage patient conflict, and intervene in crises utilizing de-escalating techniques (e.g., verbal altercations, AMA risk).
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Comply with facility policies regarding PPE
COMMUNICATION:Communicates effectively in writing and orally all relevant information related to patients, patient property, environment of care. Makes timely and complete entries of all incidents as required.
COLLABORATION:Works collaboratively with all other departments to ensure that daily program schedule is followed.
COURTEOUS & ETHICAL CONDUCT:Interact in an ethical and courteous manner with all callers, visitors, patients, families, referents, co-workers, and supervisors. Adhere to all aspects of the Canon of Ethics and Justice Center Code of Conduct.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT:Participate in process of ongoing evaluation of job competencies by engaging in the following:
- Identify and articulate strengths and areas of improvement as it relates to Organizational and Professional Responsibilities and Competencies, as well as Position Specific and Departmental Responsibilities and Competencies
- Develop and articulate plan and methods for improving in areas that require improvement, as well as maintaining competence in areas of strength
- Track and maintain any license, certification, or accreditation required for specific position. Track and complete all in-services, courses, and certifications required by organization and/or certifying body
- Seek out and utilize regular supervision, as well as during crises
- Participate in semi-annual review, and annual evaluation
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified Health Professional, (CASAC-T, CASAC, MSW, LMSW, CSW, LCSW, MHC, LMHC
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director (in absence Program Director)