The Clinical Research Nurse I will provide study related nursing care to adults and children, with or without diabetes mellitus within the clinical research setting. Care provided focuses on health, the management of diabetes and endocrine disorders, risk identification and reduction, and education.
The Clinical Research Nurse I works collaboratively within the research team to operationalize protocols and provide regulatory support as appropriate.
This role's hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
- Have willingness to learn clinical skills relating to the execution of protocols and procedures such as phlebotomy, IV insertion/management and study-specific procedures.
- Performs research related clinical procedures, which include short-lived or prolonged administration of test substances such as oral or intravenous glucose, or subcutaneous or intravenous insulin.
- May act as liaison with study team for specific protocols and assist in developing study-specific documentation.
- Coordinates the clinical care of study subjects at both the initial screening as well as subsequent interim visits. Clinical care may include: assessments/screenings of medical history, identification of adverse events, dispensing prescribed study medications, obtaining vital signs and electrocardiograms, performing phlebotomy, IV insertion, and laboratory procedures. Reports laboratory results to PI as appropriate.
- Assists the study team in developing protocol and study flow sheets and other required study documentation. May function as a liaison between the study participants, study staff and the principle investigator.
- Implements study protocol including confirming all subjects have read and signed appropriate consent forms. Participates in the data collection and monitoring of clinical process to ensure continuous quality improvement. Supports regulatory and human subjects documentation as well as completes case report form (CRF).
- Data collection includes, but is not limited to obtaining blood and urine specimens according to protocol and processing and shipping samples as indicated by protocol.
- Documents pertinent patient information at each visit in a detailed and concise manner on designated report forms/source documents for all study subjects.
- Functions as a patient/family advocate demonstrating an understanding of patient rights and ethical standards in the conduct of clinical research.
- Functions within the established CRC operational guidelines/policies and procedures i.e. CRC room scheduling, use of common resources and equipment and general unit maintenance procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 1-2 years of nursing experience
- Experience in diabetes management preferred
- Current Massachusetts RN license
- Current BLS certification
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, interpersonal and clinical nursing skills.
- Must be detail oriented, able to practice independently, multi task, prioritize and utilize critical thinking skills.
Joslin values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage diversity applicants.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.