Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) supports the nation's second largest research program conducted among the VA Hospitals and is seeking a full-time Clinical Research Assistant - Health Educator to support several research studies aiming to improve Cancer Care for Veterans with Cancer.
For all studies, the Research Assistant - Health Educator will be in direct contact with site leaders, oncology providers, and patients during data collection and intervention implementation activities.
With assistance from the Principal Investigator - Dr. Manali Patel, Assistant Professor of Medicine (Oncology) at Stanford University, the Research Assistant will perform data collection, data entry, data management, simple data analysis, and creation of reports for funders as well as peer reviewed publications.
This a full-time position, located in Palo Alto, CA. We offer work from home flexibility, but you will need to be on-site at the VA hospital in Palo Alto to perform most of the duties.
PAVIR is delighted to offer a robust and comprehensive employee benefits package with exceptional offerings such as health, dental and vision insurance, 14 paid holidays, generous vacation and sick pay policies, a 401(k) with a fully vested 6% company match and 3% profit share, a wellness program, commuter benefits, and professional development training. Plus, we pay for life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies.
- Assist with screening individuals for enrollment in the studies, determine eligibility, and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms on REDCap for completion and accuracy with source documents.
- Prepare regulatory submissions and ensure Institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files.
YOU WILL ALSO ASSIST WITH:
- Contributing to manuscripts and reports, including preparing tables and formatting references and assisting with grant applications.
- Participating in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
- Assembling study kits for study visits, scheduling, and attending monitoring meetings with sponsors and team members, acting as primary contact.
- Monitoring expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolving billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience;
- At least 1 year of relevant research experience, including subject recruitment and screening;
- Preferred: Previous experience working in the VA system and/or experience with intervention trials in oncology; Master's degree desired;
- Understanding of statistics and familiarity with STATA or similar data analysis software;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred;
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-directed, and dependable;
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- General knowledge of research procedures gained through education or experience.
ABOUT PALO ALTO VETERANS INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH (PAVIR)
PAVIR facilitates research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. At PAVIR we work with more than 160 uniquely talented medical scientists. We recruit and retain talented employees who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through innovative health research.
READY TO JOIN OUR RESEARCH TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - Human Resources department.