CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Womens Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.Responsibilities:
- Implements effective and ongoing programs to measure, assess, and improve the quality of care/services provided to patients/customers. Implements operational improvements using appropriate data and benchmarking in conjunction with effective use of process improvement techniques.
- Ensures that activities and/or operations are appropriately integrated with the strategic plan while making sure the provision of quality care and services through the cost effective management of the facility.
- Participates in the development of hospital wide patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how the care needs of patient populations are assessed, evaluated and met
- Assists and advises the President and CEO in establishing and executing strategic business plans to achieve operational objectives and in formulating and implementing best practices and policies
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in hospital administration (or an equivalent combination of education and/or additional job-related experience) is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a related field. Minimum of five (5) years of management experience. Progressively responsible administrative experience in major health-care institutions, preferably in an acute care setting.