SUMMARY: The Chief Operating Officer, with other C-level executives, partners with Brokerage Firms, Wire Houses and Independent RIAs; servicing trust clients; leading technology solutions; and directly managing the operational support teams. The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is an accomplished operational manager, strategic thought partner, and leader of organizational culture. The COO will play an important role in the refinement, design, and integration of organization-wide, cross-team processes to ensure alignment and increased operational efficiency. The COO will drive the operationalization of the strategic plan with a human-centered focus.
THE CANDIDATE: Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. As a successful candidate, you will articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; you will be impressive in your interpersonal effectiveness with regard to your accomplishments. Your strong relationship management, influencing, vision, and execution skills will define your ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex corporate environment. You will be â€˜results-orientedâ€™ and demonstrate a consistent history of delivering above-average results. The role requires a sense of urgency and personal accountability for achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Chief Operating Officer is accountable for a service delivery organization dedicated to providing best-in-class client implementation, asset transition, and market & account life cycle event support for private wealth and institutional clients. The role is accountable for the platform, and operating model strategy to meet client, regulatory, and compliance demands to build out a best-in-class experience.
The specific duties of the role will include:
- Develop and strengthen financial expertise in team members and build systems across teams; strengthen financial skills of team members to maximize resources for impact.
- Establish operational benchmarks and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, driving improvements.
- Provide operational leadership for all partners by implementing business strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Evaluate operational performance by analyzing data and creating KPI metrics and reporting, working with finance and IT. Evaluate a variety of operational reports to identify trends in all areas of the business including market trends, financial reports, employee staffing levels, and organizational growth as needed by the President and CEO.
- Facilitate execution of operational performance and growth goals by working with the National Director of Sales.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract and retain required members of the operational team not in place; provide mentoring for management development and succession planning.
- Facilitate a smooth and seamless onboarding process for all incoming relationships and accounts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Ten years of successful management experience including five years at the operational leadership / senior management level with P&L responsibility in a business of at least $25M in revenue.
- Experience driving a business to greater profitability while creating scalable and repeatable processes to improve efficiency. Background in improvement on ROI / Cash Flow.
- Demonstrated experience implementing internal controls and procedures for a firm with 50employees.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, especially, asset servicing and wealth management.
- Experience with system solutions and a demonstrated technology bent. Prior experience evaluating system solutions to guide business continuity, collaboration, productivity, and connectivity.
- Motivator who displays professionalism coupled with business acumen.
- Effective and consistent communicator across all areas of the company.
- Conceptualize, develop, and deliver quality analysis and relevant management information.
- Used data analytics and metrics to guide and shape strategies to optimize performance.
- Understanding of all relevant functions including trust 3-line accounting, compliance, recruiting, practice management, and technology offerings.
- Ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the corporate mission.
- Can work within a dynamic, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- External communicator with refined public speaking and negotiation skills.
- Relationship-oriented, results-driven, executor, with decision-making ability.
- Hands-on, high-energy, "roll up your sleeves" mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization. Lead by example at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with experience leading at least one entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial venture.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 4 Year College Degree Required
- Advanced Degrees preferred
Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services and more.
By applying to a job at Arden Trust Company ( a subsidiary of Kestra Financial, Inc.), you are agreeing to the following statements:
- You acknowledge that if hired, Kestra Financial, Inc. may, obtain and use background information concerning your credit, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, work habits, performance and experience for evaluation for your potential employment.
- It is the policy of Kestra Financial to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Kestra Financial prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Powered by JazzHR