Nadaburg Unified School District # 81
JOB TITLE: Certified Substitute Teacher - K-8
SALARY: In accordance with the currently approved professional schedule.
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Academic SY 2021-2022 ~ 4 Day Work Week
This position involves a broad range of responsibilities for the betterment of, and to provide support for the Nadaburg Unified School District and NUSD Governing Board.
As set by state certification authorities; meets NCLB Highly Qualified requirements; Must have appropriate grade level certification/endorsement.
Essential Job Skills
To create and maintain a learning environment that supports students toward the fulfillment of their potential for academic achievement, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
Reports to: Principal
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media to address the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for Instructional Paraprofessional(s) and/or volunteer(s) in cooperation
- Collaborates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with community, colleagues, and administration.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Principal.