Position Summary/Essential Duties:
The therapist is learning and incorporating the mission statement and standards of behavior of his/her hospital or care facility. This therapist performs basic competencies within orientation and provides satisfactory respiratory therapy with minimum supervision.
Essential duties include:
• Mechanical ventilation
• Medicated aerosol delivery
• Airway clearance therapy
• Patient monitoring
• Oxygen and humidity therapy
• Special procedures (CPR, specialty gases, bronchoscopy, transport, etc.)
Experience & Knowledge:
- Good clinical knowledge of all Respiratory Care Modalities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS)
Associates Degree or Bachelors in Respiratory
Required Credentials, License, and / or Certifications:
- Certified Respiratory Therapist prior to Jan 1, 2015
- Licensed to practice respiratory therapy in Ohio
Position Details/Preferred Qualifications:
At least one year of recent experience is preferred. Previous work in a hospital is also preferred. The schedule is (3) 12 hour shifts, Monday-Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
Employees who are hired to work 35 hours or more will be awarded a $7,000 sign on bonus: $2,000 to be paid out the next applicable pay period after 90 days of employment, $5,000 to be paid out following the 1 year mark, based on performance.