UNM Medical Group, Inc. is hiring for a Certified Pharmacy Tech to join our Outpatient Truman Pharmacy team. This opportunity is a full-time day shift opening located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Working under general supervision within UNMMG and UNM Truman Health Services guidelines, provides technical and administrative assistance in the day-to-day activities of a designated pharmacy operation. Assists in the dispensing of prescription pharmaceuticals, fills routine orders for non-prescription pharmaceuticals, and provides direct customer assistance and routine problem resolution to patients dropping off and picking up prescriptions. Coordinates the billing, cash management, and fiscal tracking operations of the pharmacy, and oversees inventory and data management activities in support of pharmacy operations.
Minimum Job Requirements of a Certified Pharmacy Tech:
High school diploma or GED. Certificate from an accredited institution as a Pharmacy Technician, or ability to obtain within 60 days of date of hire. Verification of education and licensure will be required if selected for hire.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Certified Pharmacy Tech:
- Assists the pharmacist in filling, preparing, and dispensing prescriptions; counts, packages, and labels unit doses for inspection; fills routine orders for prepackaged non-prescription pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
- Assists patients who are dropping off or picking up prescription orders; verifies that patients receive correct prescriptions at point of sale.
- Enters patient prescription orders into a computerized database; creates and maintains computerized patient health and insurance information, in accordance with established protocol and procedure.
- Formats and uploads patient insurance data for billing purposes and monitors reimbursements.
- Communicates with prescribing practitioners as necessary to obtain refill authorizations for patients; communicates as necessary with third party payers to obtain payment for prescription claims.
- Assists with inventory control, to include ordering replacement drugs, removing outdated stock, checking new orders, and returning unwanted stock; performs periodic inventories of pharmaceutical and related stock.
- Receives and processes pharmaceutical deliveries from vendors as appropriate, and places on shelves in accordance with established protocol and procedure.
- Processes vendor invoices; monitors status of standing purchase orders and enters electronic requests for new orders or revisions to existing orders, as appropriate.
- Reconciles and records all daily cash and non-cash transactions; deposits and records all insurance payments.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets to facilitate the financial monitoring and control of pharmacy operations.
- Fills and packages medications, including blister/bubble packaging and mail order.
- Assists in training new staff on routine procedures.
- Follows all current policies and procedures of UNMMG, Pharmacy, and State and Federal laws.
- Keeps pharmacy clean and free of clutter.
- Keeps work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
About UNM Medical Group, Inc.
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNMMG is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG strives to mitigate health disparities brought about by technology; we aim to reach underrepresented populations, making healthcare more equitable and accessible for all of the people in New Mexico; we have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, generous paid time off plan and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
Apply to our Certified Pharmacy Tech opportunity with UNM Medical Group, Inc. and a recruiter will contact you shortly!