Certified Pharmacy Tech, PRN, Variable, Albuquerque, NM.
We are looking for a Certified Pharmacy Technician to join our Pharmacy team in Albuquerque, NM.
This PRN (as needed) job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque, an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the stateâ€™s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Certified Pharmacy Technician Job Requirements:
- Assists pharmacists in various pharmaceutical activities to include the preparation and distribution of medications, the maintenance of drug inventory, patient records and financial records.
- Works only under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Performs clerical functions such as entering data, filing and answering telephones.
- Interacts with patients in a professional, courteous and customer friendly manner.
Certified Pharmacy Tech Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program or equivalent training
No directly related experienceDesired: Six (6) months of related experience
- NM Board of Pharmacy registration upon date hired; or register within 10 (ten) days of hire with Pharmacist in Charge signature. NM Board of Pharmacy approved Certification.
- HOSPITAL BASED DESIRED: IV Certification or must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire
- Ability to communicate effectively; Basic computer skills
- New Mexico Hospital Association/ American Hospital Association Quest for Excellence award, general Acute Hospital, 2021
- U.S. News & World Report, Chest Pain MI Registry Performance achievement Award, 2021
- "A" grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2019, Fall 2020
- Healthgrades 2020 Specialty Excellence Awards: Pulmonology Care excellence, 2020; American's 100
- Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work, 2016-2019
- U.S. New & World Report "Best Hospitals," in Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Attack, 2021-2022
- Best Hospitals for cardiac care, 2019; America's 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention, 2019
- American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines" Stroke gold Plus quality Achievement Award, 2012-2022 (Target Honor Roll - Elite Plus, 2019-2022)
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.