This is a direct service position in Crusader Community Health (CCH). This position performs various service duties and routine technical patient care tasks in accordance with agency policies and procedures, and within the scope of education of a Certified Nursing Assistant. For those working on a Patient Centered Medical Home unit, this position attends and contributes to regular team meetings and education sessions. This position reports to the Medical Unit Manager or Site Manager.
- Accountable for demonstrating the qualities outlined in the “Customer Service Standards of Excellence” program when interacting with patients, their families and friends, and fellow employees.
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes positive working relationships with internal and external customers, and supports the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Admits patients to exam rooms for the Certified/Registered Medical Assistant II, Registered Nurse (RN), and/or Provider, and completes all required tasks for the scheduled visit type.
- Communicates actively with the team about patient progress.
- Assists with unit activities, including but not limited to, operating and maintaining equipment, stocking exam rooms, preparing procedure trays, and un-boxing and shelving supplies.
- Participates in team huddles and completes any noted quality needs per protocol.
- Performs CLIA Waived testing per protocol and maintains skills through yearly evaluations.
- Attains goals mutually established with the Manager.
- Provides an atmosphere of professionalism, privacy, and confidentiality in the clinical
- Other duties as assigned.
The role of the Certified Nursing Assistant
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant program and other applicable requirements to be considered a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Current CPR certification