The Centralized Appointment Scheduler (Clinic) is responsible for functions associated with initial patient access to clinic.
S/he will collect demographic information for new and established patients and load into automated registration/scheduling system. Gather medical information utilizing intake format for electronic medical record. Provide estimates to Self-pay patients regarding cost of services. Forward charity care applications to patients.
Must be knowledgeable about referral requirements. Requires ability to multi-task, exceptional flexibility to adjust to fluctuating call volumes, professionalism and the highest standards of customer service to interact with patients and all levels of staff within the Clinic.
Schedule for this role will be 8:30am-5:00pm (Monday-Friday)
- Completes registration using automated scheduling system
- Utilize automated scheduling system for many types of appointments
- Completes intake form using the electronic medical record system
- Advise patient of possible financial obligation and insurance requirements
- Provide general information about the clinic and its services
- Retrieves calls from cancellation, PCP and new patient confirmation line
- Completes confirmation calls
- Enters incoming managed care referral
- Other duties as assigned by Supervision
- Accredited business school or certificate program
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a medical office setting
- Knowledge of personal computer and automated registration/scheduling systems
- Knowledge of managed care and insurance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks and procedures, e.g. clinical programs offered at Joslin and advanced automated telephone systems
- Strong ability to multi-task while also maintaining professional demeanor
- Demonstrated skills include exceptional customer service, team building and problem solving
Joslin values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage diversity applicants.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.