Delivery Driver - Lacey Based
Hourly, Full-Time $10000 signing bonus. Come drive for Harbor, come drive for family. Our Drivers are home every day and get every weeked to do the things they want to do.
Shift Schedule (Days & Avg Hours): This route will begin and end in Lacey, WA. The shift will typically start early morning and will end mid-to late afternoon.four days a week Monday - Friday. with a floating day off Or it may start between 9:00PM and midnight and end mid to late morning S -F with a floating day off. four days a week Hours worked per day can vary between 10-14 hours depending on the season.
General Summary: The purpose of the Delivery Driver position is to use a company vehicle to deliver grocery products to convenience stores, restaurants, and other customers on a timely scheduled route; make deliveries and pick-ups as assigned and necessary. Deliveries are made using a Lift gate/Ramp and Hand Truck.
Pay: This job is full time with competitive pay at $27 per hour and a $10,000 signing bonus! Great incentives including SAFE MILE BONUSES paid ever 50k miles of accident-free/incident-free driving. Harbor has available a full line of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k retirement plan and more.
Important: The FMCSA requires any driver, who holds a CDL or permit, looking to change companies register and give specific permission for the prospective employer to get their drug and alcohol screening results before they will be able to be hired by that employer. This is a federal law and not optional.
This is required per the FMCSA and you can find more information here: https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Resource/Index/Registration-Driver-Instructions
Essential Job Functions:
- Transport grocery items to our customers by using time efficiently and ensuring accurate accounting for items delivered or picked up.
- Drivers must maintain safe operation of company vehicles on all public and private roadways and property
- Deliver products by hand truck, using a lift gate/walk board to and from the truck, and take care of any other customer needs such as returns and proper handling of cash money, checks or other items entrusted to them by the customer or the Company
- Drivers will conduct themselves with professionalism as Class A CDL Drivers using safe driving techniques, defensive driving, and abiding by all of the DOT mandated regulations which may apply to their day to day work
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Take a kook at this video for a realistic view of the job:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of transportation principles and methods for transporting goods by commercial vehicle
- Ability to physically complete physical requirements of job
- Ability to drive commercial vehicles (semi-trucks and trailers up 53 feet, solo trucks, vans, etc.), use a hand truck, use a pallet jack, walk boards, stay bars, etc.
- Ability to work well with other employees to foster a respectful and professional work environment
Education and Experience:
- Acceptable MVR record
- One to three years commercial driving experience, grocery distributing experience, hand truck and ramp work a plus
License and Certifications:
- Class A CDL License required
- Current medical certificate card
Applicants are required to pass a pre-employment Physical Abilities Test, DOT drug test, and have a valid Class A CDL with current Medical Certification Card.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.