The Catering Server is responsible for serving guests in the venue dining areas at catering functions. Catering Waitstaff must be personable and able to work in an ever- changing fast-paced environment. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
This position is based at our Duke Energy Convention Center. The Duke Energy Convention Center offers a wide variety of exciting and affordable advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Partnering with us creates highly effective marketing opportunities for your company; reaching the local community, business leaders, decision makers, meeting planners, and out of town guests that attend one or more of our 150 plus events drawing 600,000 visitors annually. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.duke-energycenter.com/
- Must demonstrate ability to read and comprehend Banquet Event Orders when directing to service a guest event or in setting up guest events.
- Responsible for serving meals to guests or replenishing food to the buffet line.
- Responsible for serving beverages to guests including alcoholic beverages. Must check guest’s ID to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Must be able to carry Ten (10) meals on a tray.
- Responsible for recording a guest’s order and relaying the order to the kitchen.
- Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
- Responsible for refilling salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiments and napkins.
- Responsible for replacing tableware and linens as necessary.
- Responsible setting up banquet functions including linens, dishware, glassware and silverware.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned by the managers and supervisors.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate and alcohol service permit if required by state or federal regulations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as related to cash/credit transactions and cash reconciliation.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- 1 year fine dining and/or banquet experience
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.