Base PayThis role has a minimum base pay from $15.00 per hour with higher starting pay available based on experience.
As a Cashier (Customer Service Associate), you are the first and final interaction for Floor & Decor’s customers. Our Cashiers are responsible for providing excellent customer service through greeting customers, checking out customers, handling product returns, performing basic cash office functions and providing every customer with an exceptional experience. Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Entrepreneur and hard-working
- Honest and accountable
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet every customer in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Connect with customers, ask about their projects, recommend our products and excite customers about their purchase.
- Provide above and beyond customer service and exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrate and understand compliance of the company’s safety processes.
- Act and work in a manner consistent with the company’s core values.
- Process customers at checkout using the point of sale (POS) system.
- Process customer refunds and exchanges according to established guidelines.
- Open and close registers.
- Follow established cash, check and credit card acceptance procedures.
- Answer the telephone according to the company guidelines.
- Stock, tag and display merchandise as required.
- Be able to create price tags and merchandise signs.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Customer service experience
- Potential travel to other stores for support.
Working Conditions (travel & environment)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
- Medium Work – Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.