Cashier Job Description:
Provide prompt and friendly service to customers in a way that will exceed customer expectations and ensure customer satisfaction. Follow procedures to prepare, pack and serve food products for customers, maintaining the highest level of product quality and cleanliness.
The cashier we would like to employ must be able to interact with our customers in a friendly manner, and provide assistance should any customer require it. Excellent communication skills are paramount to help us continue to delight our customers and provide them with an outstanding experience.
A qualified candidate must also be able to follow instructions and be a successful member of our team. Previous experience is an advantage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets Guests with a smile while receiving orders and processing payments
- Prepares and packages food and drink products
- Upselling and cross-selling when appropriate
- Processing returns and refunds, and resolving customer complaints
- Unloads and stocks inventory items as needed
- Any task assigned by the Manager on Duty
- Prompt and regular attendance on assigned shifts
- Acts with integrity and honesty, and promotes the culture of Popeyes
- Qualifications and skills
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with Guests and coworkers
- Willingness to learn all areas of restaurant operations & work multiple stations
- Consistently handle product preparation
- Consistently kneel and follow proper lifting procedures
- Consistently stand during serving customers or at register
Popeyes is an equal opportunity employer that makes employment decisions based on skills and experience and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
Founded in 1972, Popeyes® has more than 40 years of history and culinary tradition. Popeyes® owes its beginnings to entrepreneur and culinary innovator, Al Copeland. With one small restaurant and a big idea, Copeland introduced the New Orleans–style fried chicken that has now made the brand famous throughout the world. Popeyes® culinary heritage is built upon the rich Cajun and creole flavor profiles that are unmistakably Louisiana. We continuously draw upon and celebrate this heritage to inspire new, authentic menu creations the world craves. Popeyes distinguishes itself with a unique New Orleans style menu featuring spicy chicken, chicken tenders, fried shrimp and other regional items. This unique and flavorful food has allowed Popeyes to become one of the world’s largest chicken quick service restaurants, with over 2,700 restaurants in the U.S. and around the world.