We are looking for team members that enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
As a Cashier, you will provide a blend of hospitality and operations. Aside from taking orders and processing payments, you will often be responsible for making sure the front of the house is neat and orderly, restocking items, and answering the phone. The most important aspect of your work as Cashier is to provide an accurate point of sale transaction and friendly service to ensure Guests will return.
At Luby's, we offer growth and career opportunities for positions such as Certified Trainer, Shift Leader, and Management.
- Must Be at least 18 years of age
- Must submit to a background check prior to starting any cash handling position and pass Luby’s Cashier Certification criteria
- Must have good organizational skills
- Previous experience working with a Point of Sale (POS) system is a plus.
- Open to varied work schedules and hours depending on the restaurant’s needs
- Must be able to use to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to stand for several hours and walk for long periods of time
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Paid training
Bob Luby opened his first restaurant in 1947 in San Antonio. His goal was to serve good, fresh food in a setting people would want to come back to time and time again. A place that felt like home.
The idea caught on.
We’ve never wavered from Bob’s commitment. Generations of Texans will back us up on this. Take Paula, who was a kid when she started coming to Luby’s with her parents and grandparents. Or Alex, who’s been coming to Luby’s with his friends for more than 20 years. Or Paul Konecny, who has eaten at Luby’s almost every day since 1974.
Entire families have grown up with us. And we smile every time we see familiar faces bringing in a whole new brood of children and grandchildren. We consider that as big a part of our success story as anything else we do.
People keep coming back because Luby’s serves classic homestyle comfort food. Butchers hand-carve meats onsite every day next to cooks who prepare entrees and sides from locally sourced ingredients. We want to make sure everyone who comes in is comfortable and has a good experience.
So load up your tray with meatloaf, square fish, liver and onions, mac and cheese, fresh veggies or a slice of coconut cream pie and make yourself at home. Enjoy a true Texas original.