Job Title: Cashier/Front of House Representative
A cashier directly supports all Zaxby's managers and team members and actively personifies the Zaxby's mission statement, core values, and company culture. A cashier performs FOH activities with the goal of creating an excellent guest experience. A cashier is dedicated to respectfully providing excellent customer service with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn in a teamwork environment. Work includes maintaining the highest service standards when greeting guests, taking orders, answering any menu questions, exchanging money, rechecking and expediting orders, and presenting correct orders to customers. Additionally, a cashier is accountable for the accuracy for all monetary transactions at their workstation throughout a shift. A FOH representative constantly monitors the cleanliness of all FOH areas, yet clearly understands the job's priorities and always puts the customer's direct needs first. A cashier communicates well with all employees and is responsive to management supervision and objective feedback. Job Activities:
- Goes above and beyond the customer's expectations to satisfy their dining experience with a friendly and courteous attitude as to promote future experiences at a Zaxbys restaurant.
- Greets every guest with a smile and is promptly positioned and attentive to take guest's order.
- Knows every item served by Zaxby's and able to provide clear and appealing descriptions of each item at any customer's request.
- Understands the Micros point of sale system(POS) and able to take customer's orders quickly at the register, drive-thru, and call-in stations.
- Answers all incoming phone calls and assists any caller in the manner required.
- Manages the Micros POS and exchanges proper amounts of money with guests.
- Examines every item prepared by kitchen, guarantees correct food orders, and quickly expedites orders that are properly presented and of high quality.
- Prepares any food items needed that include tea, lemon slices, croutons, cookies, brownies, and slaw.
- Keeps all cashier and drink counters fully stocked in the FOH work area.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning duties such as tray/dish washing and trash disposal.
- Equipment Utilized:
- Conscious of safe usage/storage of all hazardous chemicals used to clean FOH/dining room.
- Safely uses all food preparation equipment including knives, peelers, lettuce choppers, tomato and lemon slices, tea urns, bake oven, and any other potentially hazardous objects.
- Knows proper usage of drive-thru and call-in systems equipment.
- Understands micros ordering system and how to correctly process customer orders.
General Qualifications Requirements:
- Exemplifies honesty and integrity thru actions and demonstrates a clear alignment with the Zaxby's mission statement, core values, and company culture to encourage the growth of others, and the building of meaningful relationships.
- Must exhibit exceptional customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively assist all customers and employees with a positive attitude.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and willingly helps team members at any time.
- Able to interact with 3-5 team members and contribute to a positive team-based environment.
- Willing to listen, and continuously practice correct FOH procedures.
- Punctual, dependable, and with reliable transportation for completing each assigned shift.
- Understands Zaxby's safety policies and procedures including necessary MSDS information.
- Must have basic math skills required to accurately manage the Micros POS and to account for all guest transactions to be verified at the end of shift.
- Must be able lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.