Hungry For A Great Career?
To our guests, Dairy Queen is more than just a place to eat – it’s a place to have fun, spend some time with friends and experience great food.
To our team members, Dairy Queen is a family.
So come on in! We're saving a seat for you.
Cashiers are the first point of contact for our guests and are directly responsible for delivering a great experience. You will take and enter orders, handle payments, keep the dining room and other guest areas clean, and provide excellent service to our guests by following standard operating procedures with a sense of urgency.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for this position.
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Ability to work a minimum of 9 hours per week
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities and complete all training requirements including:
- Dairy Queen Front of House Development Plan
- Hands-on stations training
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic service for all guests
- Promptly greet guests as they enter and thank them as they leave
- Maintain awareness of current promotions
- Explain menu items, answer questions, and suggest additional items
- Enthusiastically represent the Dairy Queen brand
- Accurately complete orders and guest transactions
- Enter guest orders accurately into the point of sale system
- Accept payments, operate cash registers, and maintain receipts
- Handle cash payments, count and verify tills, and record totals appropriately
- Maintain a clean, safe, welcoming environment
- Clean and maintain guest areas including dining room, counters, bathrooms, and building exterior
- Maintain equipment and inform management of maintenance needs
- Stock paper goods, condiments, silverware, and beverages
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Accurately complete, package, and present guest orders
- Other work assigned
- Sit, stand, and walk continuously
- Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, or climb, including the use of ladders
- Frequently lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, including lifting overhead
- Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation
- Communicate proficiently through speech, reading, and writing
- Maintain effective audio-visual perception and judgement to observe and respond to the environment
- Work in an environment that features hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens
- Operate and work safely with restaurant equipment including, but not limited to, knives, fryers, and potentially hazardous equipment
Benefits vary by position and can include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Program
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Referral bonus program
- Tuition Assistance
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENTS!! WE ARE THE MOST CHILL PLACE TO WORK IN THE BUSINESS! Dairy Queen® (DQ®) franchisees, employees and crew members have been focused on creating positive memories for all who touch DQ®, for over 75 years. Unlike any other quick-service brand, DQ® food and treats hold a special place in the hearts of fans of all ages, from all around the globe. That’s why DQ® fans have always been our top priority and why we continue to look for new ways to surprise and delight them. Doing so is our passion. It’s what sets DQ® restaurants apart and is what is helping us reach our vision of being the world’s favorite quick-service restaurant.