CARD CLAIM SPECIALIST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for processing, handling and resolving customer concerns pertaining to ATM, Debit Card and Credit Card Claims. The incumbent may receive calls from customers who wish to file a new claim, make additions to or follow-up on existing claims or appeal denied claims and will resolve claims within the banks policies and procedures. Identify and contact individuals who may require documentation related to customer claim; interview customer relevant to investigation into claim. Responsibilities also includes: updating claim information using multiple systems and tools; debit and credit customer's accounts as appropriate; update customer regarding pending claims; research and resolve other general customer account inquiries as appropriate. This job may include other responsibilities such as malware alerts, travel notifications, review of various reports or other tasks decided upon by Management. Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external CNB customers and providing exemplary customer services.
Banking and Investment Services Division
Banking and Investment Services plays an integral role in leading the strategic vision and execution of all banking operations. Our servicing and operations professionals partner closely with all of our lines of business to carry out critical functions, including client/deposit servicing, contact center operations, payments processing, and trade and lending operations, while identifying and mitigating risk throughout the organization. Servicing and operations professionals seek to transform and define an integrated support model through automation and cutting-edge digital technologies, to deliver an excellent experience for our clients and businesses.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Requires knowledge of procedures and/or regulatory requirements to process transactions, such as claim provisional credits and/or debits to client accounts as needed
* Perform chargebacks through Data Navigator or STAR for the recovery process.
* Process tickets for chargeback credits, representment debits and pre-arb credits to the appropriate General Ledgers.
* Received inbound or perform outbound calls to clients in regards to claim or submission of additional documentation as needed
* Process various reports to track progress of the claims or perform necessary steps of actions as needed.
* Review Malware alerts utilizing multiple systems to decrypt, lock and review client activity to prevent unauthorized access to bank systems and to stop fraud.
* Process travel exclusion requests that includes updating three systems with traveling timeframe and itinerary.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* H.S. Diploma
* Minimum 1 year of general office, back office banking or accounting experience required
* Minimum 1 year of basic computer experience required (e.g. MS Word and Excel)
Skills and Knowledge
* Excellent customer service skills with the ability to diffuse difficult customer challenges and possess excellent problem solving skills.
* Must work well in a team environment, as well as independently
* Must have a strong and positive work ethic and follow CNB core values
* Must be flexible and adapt quickly to change
* Ability to multi-tasks and meet specific performance goals
* Knowledge of PC functions in a Windows based environment
* Proficient in Excel and Word
* Effective written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of bank personnel and clients.
* Ability to sit for prolong periods of time.
Starting base salary: $18.39 - $27.62 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Source : City National Bank