TechFlow's focus on expansion and growth in the Digital Services sector has created an opportunity to add a GWAC/IDIQ Task Order Capture Manager to our Business Development Team. The ideal candidate will have business development experience and proven full-procurement lifecycle success capturing Digital Services, IT modernization, Cloud migration, development, and sustainment programs in Federal Civilian (FEDCIV) Agency markets. This role will be focused on capturing opportunities released under General Services Administration (GSA) Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) and Government-wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), Agency Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and Blanket Purchase Agreement and other Task Order-driven contract vehicles.
The ideal Capture Manager will have experience successfully tracking, developing, marketing and winning IT modernization multi-award contracts and task orders (TOs) at FEDCIV Agencies. They will have developed, matured, and maintained an opportunity pipeline. The candidate should have significant capability and experience leading and writing compliant and compelling proposals and supporting price to win activities.
- Identify and mature capture opportunities & relationships within the FEDCIV market
- Develop Capture Plans and GATE Reviews
- Identify and engage customers and decision makers to understand hot buttons, win themes, discriminators and differentiators and perform competitive assessments
- Lead and facilitate the development, delivery, and presentation of whitepapers, request for information responses and unsolicited proposals
- Identify teaming partners and suppliers for TO opportunities
- Lead teams of capture, technical and functional resources to shape, capture and respond to multi-award contacts and task order
- Work with solution architects, technical and functional staff to develop business solutions for pursuit of opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience in a Business Development role as Capture Manager or related role (5 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- Experience and a successful track record capturing task orders of varying sizes, single and multi-award contracts valued between $2M to $100M, or more, supporting business system modernization across the FEDCIV market space
- 5 years’ experience selling solutions that leverage agile development methodologies (Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), scrum, and Kanban), DevSecOps design and development, continuous integration, customer experience (CX) and/or experience with cloud transformation, migration, and business system modernization
- Proven FEDCIV business development and capture management experience within the Digital Services sector
- Proven ability to maintain an opportunity pipeline of over $300M
- Experience capturing, leading, and writing compliant and compelling TO proposals
- Experience meeting with customer technical and acquisition decision makers to gain opportunity insight and shape upcoming TOs
- Experience with price-to-win assessments
- Experience engaging with FEDCIV Agency executives and the ability to discuss and develop high-level technical solutions to meet customer needs, with the technical support resources
- Experience with the entire business development lifecycle (opportunity Identification, qualification, capture, proposal, and award) (Shipley experience/Training)
- Ability to lead, write, and engage SMEs in task order proposal development responses
- Knowledge of FEDCIV market, contract vehicles, and upcoming opportunities
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance
- Must have eligibility to obtain higher-level security clearance as needed
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial clients such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and others modernize their business systems. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Washington DC, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative engineering, technology, integration solutions, and support services to the Federal Government’s most demanding mission and business challenges.
Our culture thrives on out-of-the-box thinking and the unique powerful entrepreneurial expressions of our employee-owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, we have a shared expectation of commitment, accountability, and responsibility driven by a culture that embraces innovation and new ideas. Our goal is not to do what has been done, but to do it better.
TechFlow has four principal lines of business: Platform Services, Digital Services, Base Operations and Energy and Mobility Solutions. Our company has a strong track record of successful contracts in both areas and encourages cross-collaboration.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) – Pride in being an employee-owner and annual employer contribution (per plan guidelines)
- 401k plan with Roth option.
- Eligibility for an employer match.
- Immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid Life & AD&D insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Resources
- Company-paid training and development program
- Voluntary benefits include:
- Life & AD&D Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short-term and long-term disability (per plan guidelines)
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection plans
- Pet Insurance