Processes new property insurance claims and consumer assignments following established client and department procedures and instructions. Processes escalated calls or issues in accordance with client/department procedures. Review loss descriptions and client notes to properly assign contractors based on type of loss and trade (i.e. General Contractor, Mitigation Contractor, Tarping, Tree Removal, Textile Restoration, Remodeling and Emergency Board Up).Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes loss assignments according to client instructions.
- Conducts emergency call outs to contractors via three way calls with homeowners.
- Achieves and maintains proficiency with all client and department instructions and updates.
- Attains required call statistic performance according to center standards.
- Maintains set quality standards ensuring assignments are properly made and documented.
- Identify assignment errors and research appropriately.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal team members and external customers.
- Processes emergency and/or catastrophic event assignments when they occur.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all software applications/programs used to accomplish required department tasks.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in special projects or perform duties in other areas as requested.
- Upholds and projects the public image of the Company.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at all times.
- High school diploma required. Some college preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, administrative/clerical skills.
- Experience in a customer service or call center setting preferred
- Familiarity with home improvements/reconstruction contractors or projects helpful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including proper pronunciation, grammar and a consistently courteous and professional tone of voice at all times
- Computer skills in a multi-screen/task environment and working knowledge of MS Office (i.e.: Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good time management abilities with ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong work ethic with willingness to work overtime during storm events.
Because a claim is more than a number — it’s a person, a child, a friend. It’s anyone who looks to Crawford on their worst days. And by helping to restore their lives, we are helping to restore our community – one claim at a time.
At Crawford, employees are empowered to grow, emboldened to act and inspired to innovate. Our industry-leading team pioneers new solutions for the industries and customers we serve. We’re looking for the next generation of leaders to take this journey with us.
We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in purpose, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawco.com.
When you accept a job with Crawford, you become a part of the One Crawford family.
- Our total compensation plans provide each of our employees with far more than just a great salary
- Pay and incentive plans that recognize performance excellence
- Benefit programs that empower financial, physical, and mental wellness
- Training programs that promote continuous learning and career progression while enhancing job performance
- Sustainability programs that give back to the communities in which we live and work
- A culture of respect, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit and inclusion
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.