We strive to create positive memories for all our fans so we are looking for a positive, energetic Crew Member/Chill Staff who are passionate about the Dairy Queen brand and delivering exceptional customer (fan) service. If you enjoy working in a fun, fast paced environment while providing exceptional customer service we would love to hear from you.
Report to: Management Staff and Shift Leaders
- Able to move cases of food/paper products, buckets of sanitizing liquid or cleaner, containers of up to 50 pounds up to 10 times per six-hour shift, stock ice in soft drink dispensers, use sanitizing solutions, stock all items used in customer service area.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- Travel quickly in customer service area as much as three times for each customer up to as many as 40 customers per hour of shift. Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges. Handling food/drinks/treats and food/drink/treat products constantly. Capability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Interact with the public and co-workers constantly during shifts.
- Clean up after all kinds of messy situations.
- Must be able to read order monitors.
- Recall and communication of products and contents.
- Practice established food handling procedures and meet any local health regulations.
- Exhibit and use good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness.
- Prepare and decorate cakes according to assigned specifications including cakes for special orders and walk-in customers.
- Operates cake production area in accordance with established PRIDE standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the success of the restaurant by ensuring guest satisfaction through adhering to standards for quality, value, service and cleanliness.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant employees and customers to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate.
- Communicate all significant issues, both positive and negative, with management staff
Assemble and prepare soft serve and Blizzard® cakes (or ready to decorate cakes may be used), including decorating with icing, gel, drawings, decorating kits, air brush, edible images and letterings. Ensure all cake products meet the Dairy Queen® standards of quality and excellence. May be required to meet requirements of all other staff positions.
- Prepare and decorate cake products according to customer specifications and all applicable standards and procedures.
- Properly and safely operate and maintain cake and soft serve equipment while following all health and safety standards.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of decorated cakes at all times, including back-up cakes during holidays, national promotions and other peak cake occasions.
- Keep display freezer full at all times to the proper level with a variety of cakes attractively displayed.
- Conducts sampling and actively sells products
- Take and fill customer cake orders in a professional and timely manner.
- Be pleasant and alert to customer needs.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness and value to each customer.
- Clean work area, organize and stock needed items.
- Stock and execute proper rotation of products.
- Keep cake production area and equipment clean and sanitary throughout shift using the PRIDE cake area checklist.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle, sweep, mop, stock and other cleaning tasks. Occasional need to be out of building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash removal and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Inform immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff.
Benefits vary by position and can include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Program
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Referral bonus program
- Tuition Assistance
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENTS!! WE ARE THE MOST CHILL PLACE TO WORK IN THE BUSINESS! Dairy Queen® (DQ®) franchisees, employees and crew members have been focused on creating positive memories for all who touch DQ®, for over 75 years. Unlike any other quick-service brand, DQ® food and treats hold a special place in the hearts of fans of all ages, from all around the globe. That’s why DQ® fans have always been our top priority and why we continue to look for new ways to surprise and delight them. Doing so is our passion. It’s what sets DQ® restaurants apart and is what is helping us reach our vision of being the world’s favorite quick-service restaurant.