At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress.
The newly-formed Strategy & Excellence team in the Office of Legal and Administrative Affairs (OLAA) is seeking a Business Strategist who helps oversee high-impact business plans impacting HPE’s Edge-to-Cloud transformation and the operational excellence of HPE’s OLAA organization. This Business Strategist will partner with senior management to develop and refine structured quarterly goal planning through the Objectives and Key Results (OKR) framework and will hold each team accountable to execution plans. They will also work with and manage cross-functional project teams on a variety of high-impact projects for the office of the COO and conduct rigorous, data-driven analyses to diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance. Additionally, the Business Strategist will be tasked with developing recommendations for senior management based on observed speed and quality of execution in partnering business teams.
- Responsible for building, executing, managing, completing, and improving programs and projects in a global, fast-paced, enterprise environment
- Works within an OKR-based framework to drive objectives for large, complex business strategy projects
- Structures analytical approaches to improve day-to-day project execution. Develops recommendations for optimizing execution plans and the measurement of key results
- Collaborates across businesses and functions to align all necessary components for project success, (high-level strategy and execution, data systems, information and support)
- Works in daily partnership with the Head of Transformation Office Operations and OLAA Strategy & Excellence team, as well as several VPs of the Transformation Office
- Responsible for developing agendas and content to support regular business reviews with the COO
- Supports the management of external consultants working on Transformation Office projects
- Innovates and creates new and unique methods and procedures
Skills and attributes:
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing, and demanding work environment where ambiguity is seen as opportunities
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, team-building and influence skills
- Agile mindset, and strongly collaborative approach to everyday responsibilities
- Power user of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Possesses excellent EQ with empathetic communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influencing style that fosters connection, collaboration and motivation
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain solid business relationships with key internal and external key stakeholders
- Possesses a high business acumen and proven ability to plan proactively, react quickly when challenges arise, while retaining a laser focus on making business impact
- Thrives in a start-up environment, obsesses over the customer, and leverages data to guide decisions and prioritization
Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years applicable experience desired, ideally with 1-2 years post-advanced degree experience
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Prior experience working with the OKR goal planning framework, or a strong willingness to learn and develop OKR coaching expertise is preferred, but not required
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Proven track record in driving alignment and focus on execution in an environment that may be ambiguous at times
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.