Summary: Responsible for leading the Business Development Center. The Business Development Center Manager is responsible for operations, productivity results, employee supervision, and customer satisfaction in the Business Development Center. Ensure customer satisfaction and procure new business for the center in sales and/or service.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Oversees training and supervision of Business Development Representatives.
- Works closely with upper management and Human Resource in hiring and discipline decisions.
- Works closely with department managers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Sets productivity goals for Business Development Representatives
- Develops spiff programs for Business Development Representatives
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service to customers
- Maintains effective employee relations
- Attends weekly manager meeting
- Oversees the follow up with “shoppers” through telephone, mailings and electronic media prior to purchase
- Oversees the follow up with customers through telephone, mailings and electronic media after purchase
- Oversees the follow up with customers through telephone and mailings after service
- Ensures responses to incoming e-mails by customers via electronic media
- Oversees preparation of customer follow-up letters
- Maintains the dealership website and social media page
- Maintains CSI at or above Company standards
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
- Participates in required training
- Records all hours worked accurately in company timekeeping system
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the Company’s Core Values
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions to perform the essential functions.
o High School Diploma
o Associate Degree
√ Bachelor Degree
o Master Degree
o Doctorate Degree
Field of Study/Work Experience:
o Human Resources
o Information Technology
Desired Work Experience:
o up to 3 years
o 3-5 years
√ 5+ years
Previous Customer Service and/or Business Development experience. Management or supervisory experience preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and persuasive selling skills. Working knowledge of automotive sales industry. Delivers superior customer satisfaction by resolving complex customer concerns.
Certificates and Licenses:
√ Valid Driver’s License
o Automobile Salesperson License
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Advanced ability and knowledge of Dealership Management System and additional software programs to support operations.
Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel.
The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and sit.
Duties are performed primarily in the Business Development Center. Work involves continuous contact and interaction with customers and dealership personnel. Work includes movement around dealership facilities.
Verbal and Writing Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values:
Servant Leaders consciously put the needs of others before their own, because to serve people is to value them.
Teamwork through Trust & Respect
Diversity is strength, and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level.
Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make.
Commitment to Customer Enthusiasm
Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience, and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Passion for Winning
Hendrick’s tradition of winning is based on the idea of striving to be the best, not the biggest, and is therefore defined by how we treat our people.
Accountability at All Levels
Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals, and support each other as a team.
Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Every day we soften our hearts as well as our egos, in order to seek out and improve upon areas of opportunity within ourselves and our team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company.
Hendrick is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.For more information regarding the EEOC, please visit https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf.