RELATIONSHIP ASSOCIATE BUSINESS BANKING
*This position is eligible for a work from home environment but must be available to come into an Inland Empire office when needed.*
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develops and manages relationships with business banking clients in the assigned business segment and/or geographic areas. Actively engages in the sales process of the assigned Region to ensure the attainment of Regional and individual goals and objectives, while ensuring CNB credit quality and risk management guidelines are maintained. Presents a variety of product solutions to client needs. Provides responsive quality service. Approves transactions within delegated authority. Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk and is responsible for profitable growth of the portfolio assigned. This may be accomplished through active calling efforts and referrals from existing customers and line colleagues from Personal & Business Banking and other divisions, and by providing the CNB exemplary level of service, identifying and promoting solutions to customer needs, and maintaining an active calling program.Preferred to be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry" (NMLS); or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Identifies and develops profitable relationships with prospects and clients consistent with the objectives of the bank through extensive business development activity. Works closely with existing and new clients to understand their specific financial requirements and provide effective solutions, while maintaining the credit quality standards of the bank.
* Develops relationships and supports other CNB departments and colleagues to provided customers and prospects the solutions recommended. May occasionally assist branch managers and relationship managers within their assigned area on calls to help them advance their skills. Participates in internal and external community activities as a representative of CNB, promoting and attracting new colleagues and customers.
* Prepares a Relationship Plan and calling schedule for each client or prospect in conjunction with the strategic business development program. Identifies business opportunities and solicits referrals of other Bank products or services and/or externally from existing customers, a network of internal and external referral sources, and other professionals in the industry. Develops a strong understanding of company, industry, business and needs to assist in client calling efforts. Sets objectives for each relationship in terms of cross sell opportunity and revenue contribution, etc.
* Calls on existing or prospective clients to discuss and promote all Bank products and services in order to establish a total client banking relationship. Discusses financing opportunities and general business conditions; may assist in forecasting clients’ credit needs and develops solutions to serve their financial needs. Brings in product specialists, as necessary, to help problem solve or structure transactions.
* Negotiates transactions; documents and closes loan transactions, ensures conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements. Exercises sound credit and risk judgment in approving transactions. Recommends approval of credits meeting the banks credit standards. Ensures the quality of all business introduced to the Bank.
* Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
* Interfaces with other Bank departments including the branches within their assigned area as necessary. Defines responsibilities and coordinates objectives for all product areas in a relationship or transaction. Resolves all client needs and any internal issues.
* Monitors and analyzes relationship results and account activities. Determines client profitability. Makes a recommendation regarding accounts to be further developed or eliminated. Prepares reports for management.
* Monitors portfolio for quality, risk and adherence to policy. Works with the appropriate staff departments to resolve issues.
* Maintains awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in market conditions.
* Analyzes problem credits and meets with client to develop solutions to minimize loss exposure.
* May serve as a product specialist acting as a technical consultant to clients and Relationship Managers in various business segments and geographic locations.
* Relationships in portfolio may require extensive operational expertise to manage workflow to match client needs, and is responsible for monitoring and mitigating any operational risk factors.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Minimum 3 years of banking experience required.
* Minimum 1 year of commercial lending experience within the segment required.
* Minimum 1 year of credit experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
Starting base salary: $32.85 - $41.39 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : City National Bank (CNB)