Business Analyst – Cognizant Consulting
The Cognizant Consulting team is a high performing organization that is continually expanding our client base. As a Business Analyst, you play an important role with responsibilities that range from analyzing a client's issues/objectives and interviewing key client stakeholders to developing recommendations and authoring presentations. You will participate in both strategic advisory and transformation projects.
Business Analysts deliver immediate value to clients by working with a project-based team of consultants. Analysts help assess the client’s business and technology challenges and deliver innovative solutions. Business Analysts facilitate the requirements analysis process, develop strong working relationships with business partners, and build domain expertise.
- Develop relevant industry and technology knowledge
- Draw conclusions from market / industry trends, client issues and support go to market initiatives for Cognizant
- Provide product management capabilities for transformation projects
- Facilitate working sessions with clients
- Work collaboratively within teams utilizing company accelerators and methodologies to present and implement strategic and technology solutions
- Research industry initiatives, identify and respond to client opportunities and develop client deliverables
- Contribute to research, design and writing of articles/whitepapers and participate as a team member in collateral development
- Support business development activities in the form of gathering best practices for RFI/RFP responses and help write proposals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering
- Ability to grasp business needs and assess impacts to complex business operations and systems
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated capabilities in teamwork and leadership
- A strong interest in technology and digital modernization
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team, including flexibility to support multiple time zones when necessary
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and Project
New hires will be deployed to Cognizant offices in Atlanta-GA or Dallas-TX where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of these major geographic areas. While we attempt to honor candidate location preferences, business need and position availability will determine final location assignment.
Business Analysts will largely start in two cohorts; June or August 2023. While we will attempt to honor candidate start date preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment of June or August. Exact start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.
Business Unit Description
Cognizant Consulting is a global consulting organization delivering strategic and domain consulting through industry and technology expertise. We are 5,500 experienced consultants strong and growing.
As technology becomes a more significant part of our clients’ products and services, there is even more demand for us to provide counsel, challenge our clients’ strategies in a respectful way, bring thought leadership, advance our clients’ growth agenda and make them more competitive. Cognizant is known for transforming IT but in addition to IT, our industry consultants are taking a fresh look at our clients’ business models, their products and services every day.
Our consulting team connects our clients’ aspiration to the art of the possible and the broader Cognizant team delivers the future state. Our consulting team serves as the bridge between technology and business outcomes. As part of the team, you will be driving continuous innovation and benefits realization from strategy development through execution.
We serve the following industry domains:
- Banking & Financial Services
- Communications, Media & Technology
- Life Sciences
- Manufacturing, Logistics, Energy & Utilities
- Retail, Consumer Goods, Travel & Hospitality
- We have opportunities within the following areas:
- Organizational Change Management
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Transformation Enablement
- Enterprise Processes
- Technology Modernization
Why Choose Us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates. You will be supported by high-caliber experts and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities. Our associate’s diverse backgrounds offer varied perspectives and fuel new ways of thinking. We encourage lively discussions which inspire better results for our clients. If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you.
Salary and Other Compensation
The annual salary for this position is $70,000.00 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate. This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Due to the nature of this position, Cognizant cannot provide sponsorship for U.S. work authorization (including participation in a CPT/OPT program) for this role.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Aug 08 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.