Bring your heart to work! Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Our commitment to our team for full-time employees:
- PayActiv – Hourly employees have immediate access up to 50% of your earned pay
- Quarterly wage increases and bonus opportunities (conditions apply)
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans – Affordable, low cost options
- Convenient telehealth services for all employees
- Tuition assistance and certification reimbursement
- PTO and holiday pay for full time staff
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program – get paid to refer a friend to join our team
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resources available for employees and household family members of employees
- Pathogen Reducing Air purification devices in corridors and common areas to help combat COVID-19
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve by providing them care and compassion
- Acting as a positive teammate to fellow employees by helping onboard new teammates.
- Assist residents to and from appointments and outings, safely utilizing ramps, wheelchair tie downs, and other equipment in a safe manner.
- Communicates effectively with facility to ensure timeliness to and from scheduled outings, as well as reporting any accident and/or incident involving the bus
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months experience transporting persons and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid CDL License for those Bus Drivers driving a bus that carries 15 or more passengers, excluding the driver
- Customer Service focused and the ability to demonstrate our core values listed above is a must!
- CNA certification is preferred. Must be open to getting CNA certification within the first six (6) months of employment
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Administrative