Meaden & Moore, a progressive public accounting firm headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio is seeking an experienced Paraprofessional/Bookkeeper. The Paraprofessional is responsible for day-to-day accounting-related support to clients. The incumbent will complete a comprehensive array of tasks including general ledger analysis, financial statement preparation, cost accounting, payroll and payroll tax preparation, and bank reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of GAAP financial statements. Prepares year-end workpapers.
- Payroll preparation and related tax filings including knowledge of payroll tax law. Support clients with QuickBooks Software issues.
- Reconciles various general ledger and bank accounts.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of sales/use, CAT, corporate and individual taxes.
- Researches accounting and tax issues.
- Works in a cloud-based accounting environment.
- Formats financial statements.
- Complies with firm administrative policies such as daily time entry.
- Imports and exports data files in various software packages.
- May act as an interim bookkeeper/outside controller for clients.
- Maintain and calculate fixed asset depreciation.
- Ability to work efficiently within allotted time budget.
- Ability to provide accounting solutions to client matters.
Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications:
- High school graduate required. Associate Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Certified Bookkeeper and/or Quickbooks Professional Advisor preferred but not required.
- On-the-job bookkeeping experience of 5 plus years preferred, not required.
- The ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of software programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) as well as Quickbooks and accounting and tax-related software.
- Keyboarding and 10-key skills required.
- Solid mathematical aptitude.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Needs to be flexible and work overtime when needed, especially during busy seasons.
- Must be able to drive to client locations within Northeast Ohio.
- Must be a self-starter, being able to work independently as well as on a team.
- The ability to prioritize and meet set deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task, handle interruptions and problem solve.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Compensation and Benefits:
This firm provides a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also offered is a comprehensive benefits program that includes your choice of medical programs, generous PTO, 401k, and various bonus opportunities.