The Patient Advocate coordinates activities to ensure that Medicaid, social security, county indigent or other types of eligible funding for healthcare services received for patients.
Duties and Responsibilities include assisting the patients and others to complete forms, applications, and other paperwork by achieving the following:
- Collect and review patient information to determine patient’s eligibility
- Prepare documents review for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide technical assistance on agency issues, services, and program.
- Maintain and/or create files or record keeping systems.
- Sort, label file and retrieve documents or other materials.
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained.
- Manage caseload.
- Retrieve, sustain and communicate all designated reports.
- Maintain database.
- Develop and retain professional relationship with hospital staff.
- Maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people and must demonstrate effective communication, organization, administrative, and time management skills.
- May be required to travel locally.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills: Administrative Skills Oral Communication Skills Written Communication Skills Self-Guided Worker Customer Service Leadership Diplomacy Professionalism Organization Detail Oriented Time Management
Advanced aptitude in: Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel Pivot Tables, Project, and PowerPoint) Telephone Etiquette Team Oriented Change Management Math aptitude
- Analytical - Synthesize complex or diverse information collect and research data use intuition and experience to complement data design work flows and procedures.
- Continuous Learning - Assess own strengths and weaknesses seek feedback to improve performance pursue training and development opportunities strive to continuously build knowledge and skills share expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrate required skills adapt to new technologies troubleshoot technological problems use technology to increase productivity keep technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving– Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service and respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Communications - Express ideas and thoughts verbally express ideas and thoughts in written form exhibit good listening and comprehension keep others adequately informed select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establish and maintain effective relations exhibit tact and consideration offer assistance and support to co-workers work cooperatively in group situations work actively to resolve conflicts.
- Managing Customer Focus - Promote customer focus establish customer service standards provide training in customer service delivery monitor customer satisfaction develop new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Oral Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations listen and get clarification respond well to questions demonstrate group presentation skills participate in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, give and welcome feedback, contribute to building a positive team spirit, put success of team above own interests, able to build morale and group commitments to goals, and objectives support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Write clearly and informatively edit work for spelling and grammar varies writing style to meet needs present numerical data effectively able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and/or Experience Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or six months to one-year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position whom are legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring company sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
What is in it for you? Well, at Cognizant, we offer a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits such as insurance (available day 1 of employment), great work life balance, 401k with matching component, and many other benefits.
An inclusive environment embracing diversity: for the second time, Cognizant has been named to the Forbes list of Best Employers for Diversity based on survey responses from its employees!
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Aug 09 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.