At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community—with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60 retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever—and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.Job Description
We are currently searching for an experienced, detail-oriented Bid Manager for our hardworking Bid Department team. Through expert strategic direction, coaching and development, you will lead a world-class team of five to execute 100 bids per week. In this position, you will drive overall proposal direction, quality and performance management. Proactive and resourceful, you must possess outstanding project management skills—and your ability to think and plan strategically will be matched only by your commitment to producing flawless work. Possessing strong language skills, you must be tenacious about ensuring correct spelling and punctuation. By managing the entire proposal and bid life cycle—of both existing and potential bids—you will balance short-term and long-term needs with equal resolve.
This is a hybrid on-site/remote position—working 2–3 days per week at our Carson headquarters and the remaining time from home. Depending on changing circumstances, hybrid schedules are adjustable, but you should always be within commuting distance.
A day in the office looks like this:
- Leading and Managing RFP, RFI, Proposals, Quotes, and paperwork for the department
- Completing bids in addition to managing and assigning the daily workload
- Provide hands-on coaching and training
- Overseeing and ensuring all deadlines are met, quality is sustained and proposal packages are complete
- Leading and driving the team in the implementation of new processes and best practices in coordination with Bid Operations
- Providing clear direction and feedback to ensure branded proposals and responses are accurately and consistently applied across the board
- Interpreting contractual requirements and coordinate proposal responses in partnership with various internal teams, including the writing, editing and production of statements of qualifications and proposals
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years of management experience as a bid or contracts professional
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or Marketing (relevant business experience will also be considered)
- Proficient knowledge of bid and contracting processes, preferably in relation to bids, RFPs and RFQs • Strong team building and staff development skills, including an aptitude for building relationships, understanding team dynamics, taking initiative and solving problems
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple proposals at once
- Outstanding ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse staff members at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to provide clear and concise direction
- Extreme attention to detail • Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience, plus a bonus plan
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
- On-site preschool for our employees’ children
- On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
- Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences and create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families and children we serve.
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.