CURRENT BRONSON EMPLOYEES - Please apply using the career worklet in Workday. This career site is for external applicants only.
Love Where You Work!
Team Bronson is compassionate, resilient and strong. We are driven by Positivity which inspires us to be our best and to go above and beyond for our patients, for one another, and for our community.
If you’re ready for a rewarding new career, join Team Bronson and be part of the experience.
LocationBBC Bronson Battle Creek
TitleBehavioral Health Worker BBC *PRN*
A Behavioral Health Worker functions as an integral member of an interdisciplinary treatment team under the general supervision of the Unit RN. Behavioral Health Worker monitors patient/client behaviors and provides intervention as required; facilitates didactic groups focusing on communication, coping skills, self-esteem, anger management, leisure activities, and daily living skills. A Behavioral Health Worker provides paraprofessional counseling. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 6-12 months of experience required
2 years formal education/training preferred
Preferred CPR and CPI Certification
• Ability to cope with confrontation
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a stressful situation
• Ability to assist with problem resolution
• Ability to work alone
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of patience
• Ability to adapt to shiftwork
• Ability to work in areas that are close and crowded
• Ability to cope with a high level of stress
• Ability to make fast decisions under pressure
• Ability to cope with the anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm manner
• Ability to manage altercations
• Ability to concentrate
• High degree of flexibility
• Basic math skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer Relations skills
• Grammar skills
• Spelling skills
Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time. Job definitely requires above average strength and/or stamina to regularly lift weights up to 100 pounds and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment and other objects. Work may be performed in positions requiring considerable expenditure of effort in reaching, climbing, maintaining balance, or manipulating heavy objects.
• Must interact with patients and their families acting as a positive model demonstrating understanding and tolerance.
• Monitors patients/clients for adverse behaviors. Completes rounds as assigned and monitors patients while in seclusion or restraints.
• Provides crisis interventions and maintains patient confidentiality as required in accordance with the Michigan Mental Health Code/Recipient Rights.
• Facilitates didactic/leisure groups focusing on topics including but not limited to, communication, coping skills, self- esteem, anger management and daily living skills.
• Assists with patient admissions, discharges and transfers, conducting contraband, body or room searches as directed by the charge nurse.
• Supervises or assists patients with daily living and self-care activities.
• Assembles or dismantle charts as well as filing patient information into the correct patient charts.
• Maintains current and accurate documentation in the electronic record related to patient treatment or activities.
• Attends all required in-services, staff meetings and completes all required competencies. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
• Assists in educating and orientating other staff members.
• Maintains safe environment adhering to all policies and procedures related to contraband, observation, suicide, and restraint and seclusion using good conflict management and interpersonal skills.
• Maintains unsupervised access to the unit medication room(s) for stocking and/or retrieving supplies.
• Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service in a manner that is reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
• Performs related duties as assigned.