Recently awarded #1 Top Workplaces in 2021 by the San Diego Union Tribune, The Guild Hotel San Diego is looking for passionate individuals to join our team. Come be a part of our award-winning culture.
We are looking for a Bartender (Part-Time)! If you are passionate about hospitality, and enjoy enriching lives one experience at a time, apply today! Sage Hospitality Group is looking for top talent and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Sage Hospitality Group, we look for innovative leaders, with an eye for disruption. Never looking for someone just looking for a job, we are looking for the power players, the people who want to rise to the top. Sage allows for opportunities for growth and personal fulfillment, paying attention to the parts that keep us human and happy. We want to attract and retain associates that are engaged in our culture, passionate about hospitality and excited to enrich lives, one experience at a time. Sage Hospitality Group was founded on a spirt of bold individuality. By going our own way, we have created some of the world’s best hotels, restaurants, and experiences. But the truth is, none of it would have happened without people like you. People who follow their own path, who are hungry to learn and who love their community. People who do not sit around and wait, they just do. You belong here.Job Overview:
Responsible for set-up, mixing of drinks, service and clean-up of bar area while enduring quality service, guest satisfaction and the achievement/maintenance of company standards and profit maximization.Responsibilities:
- Make and serve drinks to guests and cocktail servers following established guidelines, procedures and policies regarding beverage and safety controls as prescribed by company standards.
- Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient and professional manner; maintaining a commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Ring guest checks, collect cash and process credits and room charges in the exact manner outlined by company policies and procedures.
- Complete liquor requisitions and supply lists.
- Know and comply with state liquor laws.
- Ensure established pars are maintained.
- Perform all sidework duties according to sidework schedules.
Bartending training and certification, TIPS Certified
6 months bartending
Must be 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc. 20 -40 lbs. Pushing carts, Queen Marys, hotbox, portable bar 50 -100 lbs. Carrying trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc. 20 -40 lbs.
- Bending/kneeling -ability to bend to lower level cabinets and lift trays.
- Mobility -maneuver in narrow areas and between seated guests.
- Continuous standing required to service guest functions; 100% of the time scheduled.
- Climbing approximately 12 steps 20% of 8 hours.
- No driving required.
- Must be able to ruse records and all special requests.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at one time, must be able to follow verbal and written instruction in English, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to sound and sight details in crowded and noisy situations, particularly when handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Ability to accurately count cash. Ability to operate cash register.
Physically strenuous -prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying throughout entire shiftBenefits:
- Eligible to participate in the Company’s 401(k) program with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.