The Bartender is responsible for preparing food and drink orders serving beverages and meals to patrons as regulated by state and federal age requirements and coordinating lounge/bar activities.Responsibilities:
- Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations).
- Requires the ability to read write and speak the English language.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience whether oral or written.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Presents menu answers questions and takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or serving staff.
- Prepares drink orders including wine liquor and beer.
- Prepare appetizers and food items according to recipes and standards.
- Monitors seating in lounge/bar area ensuring all guests are served.
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks and balances sales receipts.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as discontinuing alcohol service and notifying management of potential problem(s).
- Clean bars work areas and tables as well as glasses utensils and bar equipment.
- Maintains kitchen and lounge station by keeping area tidy; clean and stock kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
- Plan organize and control the operations of the lounge/bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Create drink recipes.
- Inventories liquor food supplies and equipment weekly. Order or requisition supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Receives dates and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Hyatt Centric Sacaramento features a beautiful historical exterior and is situated in the heart of the vibrant redevelopment of downtown Sacramento, directly adjacent to the brand new Golden 1 Arena.
The building represents an important part of downtown Sacramento’s rich past and its promising future. It was first opened in 1911 as the Hotel Clayton and then by its more common name, the Marshall Hotel. Today, the Marshall Hotel is listed as a landmark on the city’s register of historic and cultural resources. The Marshall Hotel was more than just a place to stay, it was an integral part of the downtown Jazz scene from the late 1920’s to the early 1950’s. The Clayton Club, located on the ground floor, featured legendary acts such as Louis Armstrong, Billie Holliday, and Cab Calloway.
Maintaining the building's historic integrity and cultural legacy, the new 172-room lifestyle boutique hotel's interior design will draw inspiration from the area's rich jazz history which will be reflected in the architecture and interior design concept throughout the common areas including lobby, restaurant, bar and lounge.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.Benefits:
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan