Be a Star at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts!
Located in downtown Tampa, the Straz offers flexible hours, event-based schedules including evenings and weekends, and a team-based work environment. Straz benefits for part-time staff include employee discounts and a 403(b) plan.
The barback position requires hard work, dedication, and experience in bar and restaurants scenarios.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that bartenders have the supplies they need and are set up for success.
- Ensure all glasses, bowls and other bar equipment are clean and put away.
- Report any observed personnel or guest issues to manager of department (MOD).
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counter, sinks, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Assist in restocking and replenishing bar inventory and supplies.
- Report any maintenance issues to MOD.
- Conduct proper lifting techniques.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 1-year minimum experience busser, barback, or server assistant.
- Familiarity with bar set up and vernacular.
- Ability to see bartender needs in advance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain stationary for extended periods of time, reach, and communicate both in person and by telephone. The employee is occasionally required to move up to 25lbs, ascend/descend atop ladders, and move in confined spaces.
- The information contained in this physical standards description is for compliance with ADA and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- The nature of this job requires the employee to work on-site as a regular work routine.
- COVID vaccination preferred.
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please visit our website at www.StrazCenter.org to learn more about the Straz Center.