Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Hiring Immediately at the beautifully remodeled Bellwether Beach Resort on St. Pete Beach, formerly the Grand Plaza Hotel! Great benefits available including medical, 401k with matching, paid time off, referral bonus, hotel discounts and more - we look forward to seeing you!
The Line Cook assists the Lead Line Cook and the Chef on Duty in the daily production and fabrication of food products for cafeteria, banquet and the beach restaurant.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
The Line Cook is responsible for executing consistently on the trained cooking techniques. Cooking to maintain a commitment to exceptional guest service and personal development. Position strives to produce the highest quality food and developing and growing as a culinarian. Cook 2 is wholly responsible for their station. They are responsible for their mise en place set and ready prior to start of service. When behind schedule, they can recognize the need to ask for assistance and avoid recurrence. The Line Cook is a position that strives for constant development and learning and should be prepared for a labor-intensive role.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
One+ year(s) culinary experience in a high volume, upscale, chef driven kitchen.
Basic knowledge of how a fryer operates and garde manger techniques is a bonus.
Ability to use a knife for extended periods in a day.
Basic product knowledge. Questions are highly encouraged if something is new.
Understanding of a basic kitchen brigade system is helpful.
Disciplined, hardworking, and consistent.
Must have a sense of pride, sense of respect and a sense of urgency.
Responsible for assisting in product rotation.
Working on a kitchen line for 5 hours handling approx. 350-500 covers.
Prepare recipes by Chef’s standards.
Inform Sous Chef/Lead Line Cook regarding mise en place for upcoming service.
Responsible for the care and cleanliness of kitchen equipment and the line.
Report irregularities and defects in equipment and machinery to Sous Chef/Lead Line Cook.
Ensure that the stations are clean and that all food items are properly covered and stored at the end of shift.
Maintain sanitation and safety per Steritech standards.
Any other duties as instructed by management.
Assist in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
Knowledge of kitchens and storage areas.
Knowledge of use, cleaning, and safe handling and breakdown of all kitchen equipment.
Hot, busy and noisy conditions are commonplace. At times, the job may be in a guest facing role and the ability to work quickly and quietly is necessary
What are we looking for?
- Active Food handler’s certification or the ability to get it
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a desire to exceed expectations
- An energetic personality
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.