Be a Star at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts!
Located in downtown Tampa, the Straz offers flexible hours, event-based schedules including evenings and weekends, and a team-based work environment. Straz benefits for part-time staff include employee discounts and a 403(b) plan.
The Banquet Server is responsible for serving food and beverages to Center patrons.
- Accurately and efficiently set tables with appropriate service ware.
- Introduces menu to each table and advises supervisor of any dietary constraints that arise.
- Monitors and observes guests dining experience ensuring guests are satisfied with the experience.
- Clears dishes and flatware by course as guests are finished.
- Maintains a high standard of cleanliness and order in all kitchen and utility work areas.
- Assist set up crew team with clearing room, resetting tables, or room turns.
- Availability to work evenings and/or weekends, as needed.
- Current Food Handler certification required.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Good time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 5 hours).
- Ability to safely lift and maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 25 pounds and move them across long distances.
- Bilingual is a plus but not required.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Banquet Server in an upscale venue.
- TIPS server training preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain stationary for extended periods of time, up to five hours, reach, and communicate both in person and by telephone. The employee is occasionally required to move up to 25lbs, ascend/descend atop ladders, and move in confined spaces.
- The information contained in this physical standards description is for compliance with ADA and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- The nature of this job requires the employee to work on-site as a regular work routine.
- COVID vaccination preferred.
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please visit our website at www.StrazCenter.org to learn more about the Straz Center.