Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Automotive Maintenance Technician. The Automotive Maintenance Technician, performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
The successful candidate will be required to work a full time flexible schedule to include weekends, nights, and some holidays depending on business demand. This position is located at our Service Center 17326 Pine Cut Houston, TX 770302
Starting pay: $16.50 / hour
Applicants must be able to work 2pm-10:30pm 5 days per week, including weekends, with your choice of 2 weekdays off
- Perform complete vehicle maintenance inspection including tires, brakes, and all fluid levels.
- Perform preventive maintenance (oil change and tire rotation) service according to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Repair and replace tires.
- Replacement of wearable parts (i.e. bulbs, wipers).
- Maintain vehicle repair history by documenting a Repair Order to accurately reflect steps taken and part(s) used during the repair.
- Comply with part and inventory tracking procedures.
- May process new fleet, fuel reclamation or buy-backs.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransQualifications:
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 1 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years.
No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Minimum of 6 months experience handling mechanical service procedures to perform fleet maintenance activities
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities
- Must be able to obtain Vehicle Inspection License through the state of texas (Click here to view their qualifications)