Posted Date: Sep 27 2022
The Automation Engineer is responsible for the performance of daily activities associated with Automation Engineering duties. The Automation Engineer participates in all technical aspects of automated systems, low voltage systems, and PLC controls, and the responsibilities include coordination of suppliers, design management, lifecycle code management for automated systems, commissioning, and IQ/OQ for assigned systems.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by the state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. GSK employees working in Montana are excluded from the Company mandate per House Bill 702.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Responsible for application of GSK safety and environmental guidelines; promotes a safety culture; performs and advises work in a manner to ensure safety of co-workers, process, equipment, and self; responsible to serve as a technical advisor to the technical services leadership team, the process safety council, project teams, and Process Safety Management for automated services
- Ensures all activities are executed following quality and regulatory standards; promotes a quality mindset and a quality excellence approach to all activities; with supervision, facilitates a holistic business operation model by integrating and managing non-GMP policies, cGMP compliant lifecycle management rules for automation infrastructure of the covered process, and industry leading automation practices and technology
- Drives lifecycle management for assigned infrastructure to include the OT network (Servers/Switches/Network/Firewall Rules/Process Historian/DeltaV BPCS/SIS), PLCs, controllers, and supporting ancillary systems; leads change through others by constantly examining existing processes and systems to determine more efficient and improved ways to do things; establishes a proactive culture within the Automation Engineering group to establish “looking forward” solutions
- Adept in determining technical solutions for problems and issues and leveraging relationships and influencing others to the desired way of thinking; leads communication strategies to bridge gaps between technical and non-technical staff; builds and deploys structured tools that will position the site to sustain the improvements made through the deployment of an Automation Engineering program
- Accountable to the TS Management for automated systems and team competency as related to assigned platforms and systems
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Computer, Industrial, Electrical, Manufacturing)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 2+ years of experience with Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC (programmable logic control orders)
- Experience in pharmaceutical or highly regulated industry
- Experience with OSI Soft Software
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Familiarity with Delta V automation platform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggestchanges we’ve made to our business in over 20 years.We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of diseasetogether – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients– so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact– with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing -with integrity and care because people count on us. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.