Summer Audit Internship 2023
Location: Rochester, NY
Insero & Co. is an accounting and business advisory practice with more than 150 employees throughout New York State serving businesses, nonprofits, governmental entities, and individuals. One of our core values is that we are Passionate about People. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them. That’s why we’ve consistently been recognized as a best place to work:
· Best Accounting Firms to Work For (National, Accounting Today and Best Companies Group) 2012-2022
· Best Places to Work in New York State (State, RBJ and Best Companies Group) 2022
· Rochester’s Top Workplaces (Local, D&C and Energage) 2014-2022
· Central New York’s Best Places to Work (Local, CNY Business Journal and BizEventz) 2018-2021
At Insero, we’re committed to transforming the employee experience, beyond industry standards to enable you to build your ideal career. Let us show you how life at Insero is different:
· We invest heavily in training and technology.
· We focus on flexibility, with an amazing hybrid working environment giving you the ability to work in the office as well as from home/remote.
· We serve a wide variety of clients and offer many compliance and consulting services, giving our team members opportunities to explore different areas of practice.
· There are also many opportunities to get involved from day one, including our initiatives for outreach, innovation, wellness, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Since 1992, Insero & Co. has been a proud member of RSM US Alliance, a premier affiliation of independent accounting, and consulting firms. RSM US Alliance provides our firm with access to resources of RSM US LLP, the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 9,000 people in 86 offices nationwide. RSM US LLP is a licensed CPA firm and the US member of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax, and consulting firms with more than 38,000 people in over 120 countries.
With Insero, you get the best of both worlds, a local firm culture with the resources of a national practice.
We are seeking candidates interested in full-time paid internship opportunities starting in June 2023 in either Rochester or Ithaca, NY.
· Training on and becoming proficient in our audit software.
· Training on and becoming proficient with our fixed asset and depreciation software.
· Gaining a working knowledge of basic audit procedures and our standard audit practices as well as pension plan auditing or non‑profit/town/county/school district audits.
· Gaining a basic understanding of how audit work flows through the office.
· Gaining an exposure to dealing with our client personnel.
· Improving basic organization and planning skills.
Accounting students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and in their junior/senior year or enrolled in a graduate accounting degree program are eligible for this position. A minimum 3.00 GPA is required. Students must be returning to school to be eligible. Strong verbal and written communication skills along with strong organizational skills are required. Functional knowledge of the MS Office Suite including Word and Excel are required. The ideal candidate must be able to meet deadlines, be proactive, and have solid multi-tasking skills and strong analytical ability.
There is a difference among accounting firms. We invite you to experience it firsthand!
For more information on Insero & Co. CPAs, visit our web site at
and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @InseroCPAs
Insero & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer