This position is Hybrid or Permanent Remote
Berdon LLP, a top CPA and Advisory firm is seeking a qualified and motivated Audit Manager to join our audit team. You will be involved in audits for a variety of prominent and highly successful clients, among them real estate, manufacturing and distribution, professional service firms, pension funds, and nonprofits.
Your input on improving client’s financial position and operating procedures is encouraged. Reporting to the Principals and Partners, you will examine financial records; prepare reports of financial positions; and review results of operations, compliance reports, and internal control reports.
You will be able to interact with clients at a variety of levels directly on audit engagements. Opportunity to work independently as well as collaborate with a diverse group of talented audit and tax professionals, while also having the opportunity to manage and develop lower staff. In this role, you will also prepare and review corporate, partnership, individual, and trust tax returns.
- Perform audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries using our cutting-edge audit tools and technology and supervise the field-work and activities of 1-5 junior accountants
- Perform audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries using our cutting-edge audit tools and technology
- Coordinate the day-to-day duties of planning, fieldwork and wrap-up including engagement letter preparation, reconciling cash, bank, and other assets as well as vouching expenses and income.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and evaluate internal controls
- Act as client contact; communicate effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel
- Supervise, train and mentor audit staff
- Prepare business entity tax returns for various industries
- Develop analytical reports for variances in income and expense reports
- As needed, you may be asked to prepare analytical reports such as credit card analyses and agreed upon procedures reports for our litigation and business valuation group.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting;
- CPA required;
- 5 or more years of experience in a public accounting firm;
- Strong understanding of accounting and reporting standards;
- Prior experience in researching as it relates to accounting and audit issues;
- Prior tax preparation experience a plus but not required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.