AUDIT AND EXAM COORDINATOR - 1LOD
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Risk Manager - Audit/Exam as part of the Risk Strategy and Governance function within the Office of the President to support Divisions in coordinating the preparation and responses to any internal and external exams. The role also assists in the collection of deliverables and works with business and risk departments with readiness for internal and regulatory examinations
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Assists the Risk Manager – Audit/Exam prepare and facilitate regulatory and other audit examinations, including targeted on-site examinations by regulators, internal Audit and other agencies with minimal supervision.
* Provide support in coordinating the timeliness and accuracy of planning, fieldwork and final responses to external regulators and internal audits, including but not limited to data requests and responses to exam / test findings (such as MRA - Matters Requiring Attention, etc).
* Provide consistent and standardized management status and final reports on the compliance over metrics and data related to regulatory and internal audit exams and findings. Provide support in devising appropriate metrics for dashboard development. Update Audit and Exam Tracker as directed.
* Standardize all business operations and establish clear, documented protocols and procedures related to the handling of all regulatory exams and internal audit related reviews.
* Maintain supporting data and historical audit (both regulatory and internal) results files for consistent future reference by all key divisions involved.
* Recommend courses of remediation to ensure the company achieves confirmation from both regulatory and internal audit for appropriate levels of compliance.
* Maintain thorough knowledge of banking regulations, bank operations and procedures, accounting, risk management controls, and other internal control objectives and practices are implemented and applied to ensure effective test result outcomes are achieved.
* Ensure Implementing of internal audit products and protocols to identify areas of weakness, and putting in place corrective measure.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamically changing environment.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 3 years of experience working in financial Industry
* Minimum 3 years of experience in banking operations, compliance and/or risk management activities
Skills and Knowledge?
* Must be detail-oriented and possess effective organizational and analytical skills
* Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, with the most senior representatives of organizations, regulators and vendors.
* Ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
* Proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, SharePoint.
* Strong project management experience.
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and facilitate change through collaborative effort. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Self-motivation, discipline, task focus, the ability to structure and present work and a proven record of delivering high quality results within strict deadlines.
* Must have the ability to multitask and prioritize several concurrent initiatives.
Starting base salary: $82,601 - $104,065 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank