Job Title: Associate-Senior Engineer-Programs
Requisition ID: 68228
Job Function/Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of employment. "Fully vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
Responsible for implementation of Engineering Programs such as a Reactor Vessel Internals, In-Service Inspection, Snubbers or Fire Protection .
• Responsible for maintaining overall implementation and oversight of the assigned Program(s) for the Hope Creek Station.
• Maintaining assigned programs to meet regulatory requirements, industry excellence standards and provide industry leadership.
• Performing monitoring, trending and assessing respective Program to improve reliability and ensure the station is meeting regulatory or industry best practices.
• Perform and support Program assessments, outage work scoping, Program related technical evaluations, trouble shooting and special Programmatic inspections by regulators, on site groups and industry peers.
• Tasks include maintaining necessary Program documentation, Program health reports, Program notebooks, and Program related procedures ensuring Program compliance with regulatory and design/license basis requirements..
• Provides support to the site on complex and strategic Program and process issues.
• Provides strategy and support for special Programmatic inspections by regulators and industry.
• Attends and represent PSEG Nuclear at industry conferences, training and meetings.
** The title and market reference point assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience from the interview process
Job Specific Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Science
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Ability to support shift work during plant outages and emergent situations
• Experience in Nuclear Power Plant Engineering and /or equivalent experience performing work in system, design, strategic planning, or component engineering
• Must meet and maintain Nuclear’s Unescorted Site Access requirements
• Associate Engineer: No experience required
• Engineer: 2 years
• Lead Engineer: 4 years
• Senior Staff Engineer: 5 years
• Senior Engineer: 8 years
• 5+ years Nuclear Power Plant Engineering and/or equivalent experience
• Current or Previous SRO license/certification
• Masters Degree
• US Navy Nuclear experience
• Experience managing reliability of electrical/I&C systems and components
• Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas, ASME In-service Inspection, Flow Accelerated Corrosion, Fire Protection, Buried Pipe, In-service Testing, Appendix J, MRule and Valves (MOV,AOV, PSV, CV).
• Experience managing projects and/or external vendors