Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
Careers with Northwell part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Combine two of the fastest growing fields on the planet – technology and health care - with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Associate Patient Care Coordinator registers patients and provides information regarding hospital rules and regulations. Conducts interviews to obtain demographics and insurance information. Keys information into the Patient Registration System. Obtains appropriate signature on medical, legal and financial forms. Performs a variety of other clerical duties related to patient's registration.
This position is full-time (37.5 hours/week) Tuesday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 270 PARK AVE, Huntington, NY.
- Manages patient placement and bed board functions
- Contacts insurance carrier(s) to obtain all information necessary for the successful billing of 3rd party payers (coordination of benefits, benefit coverage / limits, co - pay / deductible amounts, authorization, pre - certification and referral requirements etc.
- Re - verifies insurance of recurring patients
- Performs financial assessments and determines patient’s responsibility
- Advises patient of all financial obligations
- Communicates balance amounts, deposits and point of service payments
- Prepares charts, registration forms, patient address or graph plates, etc.
- Forwards required items to nursing unit / clinic / ancillary department
- Answers telephone, maintains files, sorts mail and keeps inventory of supplies
- Informs manager of all activities, needs and problems
- Assists with data collection
- Deals with physicians and other customers
- Coordinates expiation documentation and manages patient valuables
- Performs related duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Ability to work 37.5 hours per week, 8 AM to 4 PM, Tuesday-Friday and every other weekend, with holidays and overtime possible
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Experience performing customer service in a medical setting
- Experience with ICD - 10 codes
- Fluent in English and Spanish
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Northwell, Huntington, New York, NY, customer service, registration, hospital, ER, ED, Emergency, hiring immediately, #RPO