In this role, you will work in multidisciplinary teams to bring concept of operations to fruition in support of our customers' mission objectives. You will work both as an individual contributor and as a team lead. You will need to be able to dive into broad, minimally-defined design spaces and effectively lead integrated efforts.
- Support technology integration for and development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions
- Develop and present review packages to internal and external senior leadership
- Work proactively and independently in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere
- [Architecture & ConOps] Develop system ConOps from early capabilities studies through demonstration
- [Architecture & ConOps] Develop inter-segment architectures for new systems and capabilities
- [Fault & Autonomy] Ensure system design is aligned with customer risk tolerance in the presence of anomalies
- [Fault & Autonomy] Analyze failure modes and design onboard autonomy to detect, isolate, and recover from fault scenarios
- [Mission Analysis] Develop physics-based mission simulations to inform system trade studies and verify system performance
- [Mission Analysis] Develop mission flight plans/concepts exploring new and approaches
- [ROPs] Develop and maintain spacecraft recommended operating procedures
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Master's degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Systems engineering experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external customers
- Experience in spacecraft, launch vehicles, or highly autonomous unmanned systems
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.