Title: Associate General Counsel
Locations: San Francisco, CA, Washington, D.C., U.K.
Travel: Up to 10%
Premise is a global business that is pushing the limits of innovation and because of our growth is seeking experienced attorneys and pragmatic problem solvers to provide our teams guidance and assistance on a wide variety of legal matters and issues, including areas of corporate governance and compliance, corporate transactions, contract review and negotiation, government procurement, licensing, intellectual property, employment and labor, tax, and litigation. Associate General Counsel will also assist in the formulation and review of policies and practices in data governance, privacy, and cybersecurity matters, advise senior business management teams on risks and solutions for products, partner with innovation project teams to identify and mitigate risks in emerging technologies, and provide advice to the privacy compliance team.
These attorneys will be joining Premise's experienced and high-functioning legal team as part of our San Francisco, CA, and Washington, D.C. offices.
- Provide legal analysis to internal clients as needed (often concerning legal rights and responsibilities, and risk assessment) in order to make informed business decisions
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contracts and agreements, working closely with various internal teams and leadership regarding purchasing, licensing, SaaS, supply chain agreements, and ensure procurement compliance
- Provide advice on domestic and international corporate governance and compliance matters
- Proactively monitor and review privacy and data-protection related legislation to help ensure accurate and up-to-date inventories of all legal obligations
- Understand and advise on privacy and data protection legal requirements applicable to complex data flows across the Premise business model and initiatives
- Provide day-to-day advice and counseling to business products clients
- Provide day-to-day counseling and advice across a variety of areas, such as intellectual property, litigation, and real estate.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice in the development and structuring of new business initiatives, including new product offerings
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and member of a United States bar in good standing
- Experience providing risk-based and pragmatic resolution of commercial negotiations, leveraging in a quick, concise and commercially focused legal advice
- Experience with privacy compliance, data and information management, and incident handling
- Minimum of 4 years of In-house counsel and/or corporate experience or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of government contracting procurement and compliance statutes and regulations
- Detailed knowledge of commercial contracts terms, experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements and other legal document
- Proven ability to translate legal advice into actionable policies, processes and programs that enable business objectives
- Experience in advising on EU and US data privacy laws, including GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA, e-Privacy Directive, and other applicable laws is required
- Experience with a highly regulated industries
Premise is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.