Assist to lead, coordinate, monitor and direct the movement, location, storage, organization, and loading of donations and salvage goods in warehouse; contribute to the mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image and maximizing revenues of the organization, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
1. Operate forklift to move goods and salvage as required. Assist to load daily delivery and salvage trucks. Operate salvage machine as needed.
2. Check that daily supply needs for bins, bailing wire, boxes, and other related supplies are met. Notify leader of need to replenish supply inventory and request reorders when necessary.
3. Assist to inspect warehouse for cleanliness, inventory levels, and proper operating procedures. Ensure that material is properly stored and moved within the warehouse.
4. Complete periodic reports on salvage available for sale, bin counts, worker headcounts, work time, and any other information as requested.
5. Provide training to workers regarding safe operating procedures. Verify that all safety equipment is in good operating condition and all safety procedures are being followed. Notify supervisor of safety violations.
6. Work from schedules, inventory records, procedures, instructions, and other similar documentation.
7. Suggest schedules and staff assignments based on priorities, schedules, equipment, and staff capabilities. Collect, track, and record hours reported for employees.
8. Monitor operations for efficiency and respond to inquiries and resolve problems.
9. Assist with truck deliveries or drive van for special pick ups or deliveries as needed.
10. Make certain trash is picked up at various locations.
11. Administer loss prevention policies and procedures as prescribed. Remain observant of security to identify theft and prevent damage. Remain observant of security to identify theft and prevent damage.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and policies.
3. Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
4. Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions for clear communication, including the ability to write.
2. Minimum one (1) year related experience preferred.
3. Experience in usage of forklift.
4. Experience using salvage machine and similar experience preferred.
5. Legible handwriting necessary for completion of forms.
6. Must have a valid Florida driverâ€™s license with acceptable driving record for insurability under company insurance.
1. Prolonged standing and walking
2. Heavy lifting, moving and carrying in excess of 50 lbs.
3. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping and bending
4. Manipulation of forklift and pallet jack
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, ladder, equipment lift, salvage machine, and similar equipment, and required personal protective equipment and clothing.
Pay Rate: $13.00/hour
Powered by JazzHR