Main Responsibilities of a Store Manager
● Responsible for every aspect of everyday supervision of store outlets
● Responsible for resources management
● Takes care of stock, staff, and sales management
Store Manager Job Description
We are looking for an experienced and skilled store manager with remarkable skills, who will run a store effectively and with attention to detail.
Our store manager candidates are required to be in constant contact with the staff and customers. They need to be able to ensure their staff provides the highest quality customer services and monitor the overall financial performance of the store.
The responsibilities of a store manager are to greet the staff and customers, provide them with what they need, give intelligent recommendations and suggestions, build customer and brand trust, assist the staff with anything they need and make sure the customers have a great shopping experience.
More importantly, a perfect store manager candidate should be reliable, accommodating, courteous, and friendly to ensure that the customers are fully satisfied.
Responsibilities of a Store Manager
● Recruiting and appraising staff
● Training and supervising staff
● Managing budgets
● Maintaining financial and statistical records
● Dealing with customer complaints and queries
● Overseeing stock and pricing control
● Maximizing profitability and productivity
● Motivating staff to meet sales targets
● Setting sales targets
● Ensuring compliance with safety and health regulations
● Preparing promotional displays and materials
● Liaising with management
● Taking care of promotional prospects, benefits, and salaries of their staff
● Providing opportunities for staff advancements
Store Manager Job Requirements:
● Commercial awareness
● Organizational skills
● Teamworking skills
● Verbal communication skills
● Numerical skills
● Excellent IT skills
● Executive skills
● Problem-solving skills
● Showing initiative
● Setting a good example
- Must have full availability to work day and night shifts.
- Must b e able to work weekends.
- Must be able to work between 40-50 hours per week.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years management experience.
In 1978, Jet’s Pizza® founder Eugene Jetts was about to buy a new home. But on the way there, his passion for pizza took over. Instead, he signed a lease on a space that would become the first Jet’s® location. Along with his brother and partner John, they opened the doors to Jetts Party Shoppe & Pizzeria in Sterling Heights, MI. The pizza world would never be the same. They were about to make deep dish history by offering a truly, better pizza.
That first location has grown to hundreds of locations in 19 states. Jet’s offers more than famous Detroit-style pizzas, like hand-tossed round, thin-crust, and NY Style pizzas, fresh salads, breads, and desserts. One thing that will never change is their commitment to quality ingredients.