Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As an Assistant Project Manager, Renewable Project Management, based in Chicago you will provide technical guidance to business development efforts and support advanced development and construction for renewable energy projects, particularly for onshore wind development in Japan. You will be responsible for managing projects from advanced development and construction to achieve commercial operation and supporting the technical needs of projects in development.
- Coordinate development and pre-construction activities with Invenergy staff in Tokyo and Chicago through daily and weekly meetings. Take meeting notes and organize documents, including performing translation to/from English/Japanese of documents and meeting notes.
- Work with Tokyo based staff on the preparation, negotiation, and management of EPC contracts with Japanese and global contractors and vendors.
- Support Tokyo based staff with construction permitting activities and ensure that all required construction permits have been obtained.
- Manage and monitor construction activities for multiple project sites.
- Ensure that the site construction activities adhere to established construction protocols.
- Assist development team with site layout, micro-siting and civil design of projects.
- Perform analysis of wind resource data to support permitting and develop energy estimates.
- Work with Tokyo based staff on development and construction efforts with interconnecting utilities.
- Support Tokyo based staff with coordination and support of internal project financing and accounting efforts.
- Fluency in English and Japanese (writing, reading, listening, speaking).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, other physical science (Physics, Math, Environmental Science), or Project Management; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Flexible working schedule to regularly take meetings in the evening to accommodate Japan time zone difference.
- Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership and communication skills which extend across all organizational and management levels.
- Demonstrated ability in leadership of multi-disciplined teams.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Experience working with Japanese companies.
- 0-2 years of progressive project management experience; additional experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding and implementation of projects in accordance with contracts.
- Experience in development and execution of complex project schedules utilizing state-of-the art scheduling tools.
- Construction field experience.
- Power industry, renewable energy industry, and specific expertise in wind and solar farm development.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.