TD Industries has an exciting entry level opening for Assistant Project Manager. You will work closely with Sr Project Manager and learn how to lead construction projects, keep projects on schedule and under budget, and be the lead contact on construction projects from start to finish. You will get solid training that will help you build a successful career in MEP commercial construction. Examples of common projects we build include healthcare facilities, data centers, mission critical projects, office complexes, education, high-rises, multi-family projects, and othersCompany Overview:
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.Essential Duties:
- Assists a project manager in planning the work schedule and coordinating project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Processes day-to-day administrative items (i.e., submittals, material requisitions, requests for information, applications for payment, etc.) under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Works in the field with production crews to gain an understanding of life on the jobsite and to learn more about mechanical systems including plumbing, ductwork, piping, and equipment.
- Assists in and learns how to prepare special reports, studies and statistical analysis requiring research, development and/or interpretation of data that is validated by the working supervisor. Compiles project close out documentation.
- Becomes exposed to project estimates and is shown how the estimate breakout is processed into the job cost system.
- Assists estimators in cost review proposals for new projects.
- Learns material takeoff, estimating and pricing procedures for changes to work scope as well as for new project estimating.
- Visits job sites and performs work inspections, checks job progress, and resolves project and contract issues.
- Coordinates distribution and retrieval of information to and from the project manager, superintendent, general contractor, suppliers, and vendors.
- Assists management and marketing in developing and maintaining strong business relationships with owners, contractors, vendors, and other company personnel.
- Drafts and/or edits letters, memos, reports, and procedures as required for review by a Project Manager.
- Communicates all project issues to the appropriate level of management in a timely manner.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Sciences, Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree is required.
0-2 years of experience in mechanical construction.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent presentation skills.
Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach.