Assistant Project Manager
Travel required (20%)
Must be based near major airport (DFW or IAH preferred)
$65,000-$85,000 annual salary DOE
Direct hire opportunity
Our client is a medical company that operates within beautiful retail settings that offer the latest innovations in aesthetic dermatological treatments. They are the fastest growing company in the industry with 90+ locations in CA, NY, TX, NV, AZ, FL and IL and are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join their Nationwide Expansion Team.
The Assistant Project Manager position will serve as a part of a PMO environment to provide general support to tasks such as: planning, scheduling, stakeholder communication, procurement support, progress monitoring, oversight of third party vendors, administration, reporting, and travel for store setups. Utilizes background in project management, construction management, engineering, or design to integrate into expansion program. This is a 100% remote position (with travel) and requires access to a reliable internet connection and the ability to perform all functions of the role through the appropriate use of software and technology.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports an expansion team project manager (PM), and works collaboratively within the broader expansion team
- Under the direction of the PM, helps to manage multiple projects across various stages in their respective project lifecycles in an organized manner, and effectively communicates escalations, priorities, and statuses to project teams and leadership
- Attends consultant/vendor meetings and OACs to record meeting minutes and assist follow-up action items
- Assists in construction administration (managing RFI's, Submittals, CO's, etc.)
- Assists in review of drawings for completeness and best practices for project manager
- Reviews project schedules, and assists in maintaining or exceeding milestone targets
- Travels to perform Store Setups to include unloading, unboxing, and arranging furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E)
- Conducts periodic site visits to monitor construction (Willingness to travel, 20%)
- Observes general compliance of as-built conditions with the contract drawings and specifications
- Maintains high level of vendor contact and communication, as directed by the PM
- Prepares daily & weekly project status reports for project manager approval utilizing appropriate
- software functions
- Facilitates the review of Leases for Landlord & Tenant responsibilities
- Assists with procurement & ordering through the confirmation of electrical, lighting, and HVAC equipment takeoffs
- Demonstrates a strong desire to learn, take on responsibility, and grow both professionally and personally
- Maintains clean & neat appearance, professionally in all interactions both virtually and in-person;
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Architecture, Engineering, Business or a related field, or a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Must be proficient in adapting to change and managing priorities in a rapid environment
- Must have excellent verbal & written communication, and presentation skills
- Must be highly articulate, have a clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Google Suite Applications (Sheets, Slides), Smartsheet, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite
- General knowledge of the permitting processes and familiarity with construction best practices, including commercial tenant-improvement construction methods, and general building codes
- Passion for being detail oriented and highly organized
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED!
TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.